This doll has moveable button jointed arms. She can be made with any of the 4 different hair styles included in the pattern. Once you have added your choice of fabrics, ribbons and buttons you will have made a doll that is truly unique to you, that will make a lovely gift. Your completed rag doll will be 38cm (15″ tall) from tip of toes to top of head, she is 24cm (9 1/2″) high when seated.
Rag doll sewing pattern
This cloth bodied doll can be made with any of the 4 different hair styles included in the pattern. Once you have added your choice of fabrics, ribbons and buttons you will have made a doll that is truly unique to you, and will make a lovely gift.
This rag doll sewing pattern includes 8 pages of comprehensive instructions for how to make your doll, and photos of each stage, plus all the pattern pieces. The pattern is suitable for an intermediate level of sewer with a sewing machine. A full list of notions is given below.
I have a Facebook group for makers of my patterns HERE I would love you to join and show your completed makes.
*** Please note this is a downloadable pattern, if you are in the UK and would prefer a paper pattern TAP HERE
Copyright terms & conditions
It is not permissible to make a copy of this sewing pattern except for your own use. It is not permissible to share this pattern either in person, by post or by email. It is not permissible to sell this sewing pattern or a copy of it on to another person.
It is permissible to sell an item that you have made from this pattern in small quantities – for example as keepsake bears and soft toys to sell through your in-person or online shop or at craft fairs. Please include the information that your keepsakes / soft toys are made with a pattern from Rachel Leggett at cwtchandbloom.com in online descriptions and on Instagram please tag me at @cwtch.and.bloom . It is permissible to add or remove a limited number of features to this pattern eg altering the ears / adding a tail etc, please then state in the description that your item is made with a pattern from cwtchandbloom.com with added / altered etc. If you have any queries regarding this please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fabric ¼ m skin coloured for face, arms, and legs. Up to 3 fabrics under ¼ m each for each for upper body, lower body, bottom, skirt; and the legs (if you would like her to look as if she is wearing tights). A fat quarter is ideal as it should give you fabrics that look good together.
- Wool felt for shoes and hair
- ¼ m net for skirt
- ¼ m lightweight interfacing for face
- Toy stuffing
- Buttons for shoes
- 2 buttons for top of arms 1.5cm wide
- Ribbons for hair
- 9mm safety eyes
- Tracing paper or white greaseproof paper to make your pattern pieces
- Fabric glue
- Sewing thread, white and a contrast colour for shoes and hair if you would like
- Embroidery thread for mouth and to gather the skirt
- Dental tape to attach the arms
- Large sewing needle for the embroidery thread, small needle for the ladder stitches
- Doll needle – a 13cm one works well
- Plastic chopstick or similar to push the stuffing into the doll