Olwen the unicorn has a woollen mane, wings, cute sleeping eyes, a sewn in horn, and blush cheeks. Her arms and legs are sewn in so there are no tricky joints to sew. And of course this unicorn sewing pattern comes with a full photo tutorial too, read on for all the details….
OLWEN THE UNICORN
This is a paper sewing pattern to make a unicorn. It is perfect to make a keepsake or soft toy and it will look lovely made in fur or fabric.
Your completed unicorn will be 33cm (13“) tall to the top of her head, 38cm (15“) tall to the top of her horn. And 20cm (8”) wide from side to side and 18cm (7“) deep from front to back
PATTERN WITH PHOTO TUTORIAL
This download includes 9 pages of written description and 6 pages of pattern pieces. There is a blog post with a photo of EVERY stage of the making process, inc insider tips so you can make a professional quality unicorn HERE
Please note there is not a video of the making of this pattern
I have a really welcoming and supportive FACEBOOK GROUP for makers of my patterns HERE
The pattern is suitable for an intermediate level of sewer with a sewing machine. You will need 1/2 a meter of fabric or an adult shirt to make Olwen, a full list of notions is given below
This listing is for a PAPER SEWING PATTERN – your pattern will be posted to you 1st class within 1-2 business days, uk postage only
- Fabric: to make a fur or fabric unicorn you will need ½ m / 20″ of fabric.
- Or to make a memory bear: for a baby clothes keepsake you will need 8-10 baby grows or an equivalent amount of clothing, for an adult clothes keepsake 1 medium short sleeve t-shirt or an equivalent amount of clothing.
- Interfacing: ½ m / 20” woven cotton iron on interfacing
- Iron on fleece (or quilt batting / wadding plus spray glue) for the wings 20cm x 25cm (8“x 10”)
- Embroidery floss to sew the eyes: 1m / 40”
- Wool for the mane
- Fabric glue
- Tracing paper or baking paper: 10cm x 10cm (4” x 4”) to make the eye template
- (Optional) a disappearing ink fabric pen for the detail lines of the wings
- Toy stuffing: 500g or ½ lb
- A stuffing tool: a plastic chopstick, or a similar tool that is long with a blunt end, to push in the stuffing
- Plus: pins, cotton thread that matches your fabric, hand sewing needles, scissors. Also pinking shears if you have them
- Sewing machine (or you can choose to sew this pattern by hand)
It is not permissible to make a copy of this sewing pattern except for your own use. It is not permissible to share this pattern either in person, by post or by email. It is not permissible to sell this sewing pattern or a copy of it on to another person.
It is permissible to sell an item that you have made from this pattern in small quantities – for example as keepsake bears clothing and soft toy accessories to sell through your in-person or online shop, or at craft fairs. Please include the information that your items are made with a pattern from CwtchAndBloom.com in online descriptions, and on social media please tag me at @cwtch.and.bloom. It is permissible to add or remove a limited number of features to this pattern, please then state in the description that your item is made with a pattern from Cwtch And Bloom with added / altered etc. If you have any queries regarding this, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org